Dayton Used Book Sale Information
The used book sale will be open on Friday, June 29th from 12-6pm, and Saturday, June 30th from 9:30-1pm. Please note that the sale will only run through lunch on Saturday, after which time it will be shut down. The sale has typically done the most business up until that time and will also allow everyone to enjoy the remainder of the conference, speakers and vendor hall. **Please note the break down of the sale will still take place after the conference is over.**
Please let me know by Friday, June 20th if you plan to sell. Below is all the info regarding labeling, volunteering, etc. Please forward to other homeschool groups. Thanks!
When you drop your books off for the sale, please include a business-size self-addressed envelope at the sellers’ table. This will make it a lot easier to send you your money after the sale.
***The sale is not limited to books. You may sell DVDs, CDs, manipulatives, maps, games, flashcards, etc.
*Please feel free to reduce your prices at any time during the sale.*
1. Labeling – on the front book cover, please tape a 3 x 5 inch index card with the following information:
a. Your name
b. Your phone number or e-mail address
c. Title of the item
d. Grade level
(Blue painter’s tape works well for this- it doesn’t damage the books.)
2. Sets of Books- If you have sets of books, please make sure they are marked as such and bundled well. Tape an index with the information requested in #1 onto the bundle.
3. Drop Off – sale items may be dropped off at St. Peter’s on Friday, June 29th, from 10:30-12pm, or you can get your books to me prior to the sale. Please e-mail me at email@example.com
4. Pick Up – At the end of the sale, you are asked to pick up any sale items that weren’t sold. Money for the items that were sold will not be dispersed at the sale. Your index cards from items that were sold, and a check for your sales will be mailed to you the following week.
5. Payment – Cash Sales Only. **Please be sure to bring cash! No checks!**
6. All sellers must volunteer to help with the sale in at least one of the following capacities:
***Please go to the following link to sign up for a shift. All sellers are required to work at least one shift.
* Work: Friday 10:30-12pm set up
Friday 12-2pm sales
Friday 2-4pm sales
Friday 4-6pm sales
Saturday 9:30-11:30am sales
Saturday 11:30-12:30pm sales
** Saturday 3:30-4:30 tear down**Everyone will need to come and collect their own books from the tables. If you can’t be there, please let me know and we can make other arrangements.
* Work the registration table for the conference. I am waiting to hear back from the IHM Conferences on their need for help with registration this year. I will send out further info on this later, if needed.
* If you have a responsible family member you would like to take your place, that is fine. (I know it is hard to miss any of the wonderful conference speakers!)
7. Sellers will be permitted to “early bird shop” from 11:30-12pm on Friday.
8. Sellers are requested to make a donation from the proceeds of their sales to help defray the costs of the conference for IHM. Donations of any size will be much appreciated. A suggested amount is 10% which is consistent with sales fees at other local used book sales.
9. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the number of boxes of curriculum you plan to sell, grade level/subject, and job you would like to do to help make the sale a success! This sale can be a great way to clear your shelves for all the great items you find at the conference! Contact info: email@example.com
10. Please do not bring items to sell that contain obviously anti-Catholic sentiment. Thank you!
11. Please forward this on to other Catholic homeschool groups.